I love to eat chocolate. Who doesn’t? These mini pies are the best to pop into your mouth when your craving something sweet and satisfying. They are so tasty! Find out how to make them below.
To make the crust you can access the directions from the blog, Minimalist Baker here.
½ cup Bob’s Redmill Gluten Free Baking Flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt. I use Pink Himalayan Salt
10 Tablespoons cold grass fed butter
4-7 Tablespoons water
½ cup of full fat coconut milk, optional
1 bag of chocolate chips, Enjoy Life Foods brand I like and are dairy free
Almond butter, smooth
I used a small muffin tin for these mini pies. The crust is enough for two batches.
Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees and moisten your mini cupcake pan with coconut oil.
- To prepare crust, follow the link above.
- Using a round cookie cutter or a small jar cut out circles. This will be the crust base.
- Press a round circle into the pan much like you would lay a crust into a pie plate. Press in the center of the dough and the sides to fit. Be careful not to break the dough.
- Once the mini cupcake tin is filled with the dough, melt your chocolate.
- Using the double broiler method, melt the chocolate chips so they are liquified, stirring to remove any clumps. Slowly add in the coconut milk.
- Once melted and mixed, remove from heat.
- Given that the crust is already removed from the oven and cooled (see link above), scoop a small amount of the chocolate mixture into each mini pie crust.
- Top each chocolate pie with almond butter.
- Taking a tooth pick swirl the almond butter into the chocolate.
- Place the mini muffin tin into the freezer for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, pop out the pies with a knife and gobble down. Enjoy!