I am learning to love beets. This has been a journey. I want to love them and eat them in salads, steamed or roasted but I’m not quite there yet. So, I’ve created this juice paired with other ingredients to get me to that “love” destination. I’ve added in the cayenne pepper for an extra warm feeling in addition to serving this juice hot. This juice is perfect for cold and rainy days or any time. I hope you like it. You can find the benefits of beets here: Beet Benefits
Ingredients to Make:
3 large blood red beets, peeled and chopped
1 Tablespoon ginger, chopped
2 stalks celery
1 to ½ cups of water
A pinch of cayenne
High Speed Blender
Stainless Steel Pot
How to Prepare:
- Wash all vegetables first.
- Remove the stems from your beets and using a vegetable peeler, peel off the skin. Chop into quarters and set aside.
- Chop up your celery and ginger.
- Add the first four ingredients to your blender.
- Placing the strainer over the pot, pour the beet mixture over the strainer and let the juices gather in the pot and discard the pulp.
- Add in a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Bring the liquid to just boiling, turn down the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour into your glass jar and serve.
A side note: I used a Blendtec Blender and this is why I had to strain the juice from the pulp in step 5. If I was using a juicer it would take this step out. I added in the cayenne, ginger and celery for additional taste and nutritional benefits.