This soup is easy to make, tastes amazing, and can be served by itself or as a side to any meal. It’s thick, creamy, nourishing and healthy too. Packed with vitamin A, beta-carotene, potassium, and folic acid. I used ghee also known as clarified butter which contains healthy fat (like vitamin k) with out the milk proteins. It has a bit of an intense flavor as well. If you have no ghee, you can substitute coconut oil, olive oil, or my personal favorite, avocado oil.
1 large spaghetti squash
1 tablespoon of ghee, melted
1 can of coconut milk
¼ teaspoon celtic salt
¼ teaspoon turmeric
dash of pepper
dash of nutmeg
dash of cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line your baking sheet with un-bleached parchment paper.
- Cut your squash in half and remove the seeds and strings of flesh. Brush the ghee onto the squash.
- Sprinkle with salt and place face side down onto the baking sheet.
- Bake squash for 45 minutes on the middle rack.
- When the squash is soft, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, scoop out the flesh into a food processor or high speed blender and discard the outer skin.
- Add in the coconut milk, pepper, nutmeg, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- It will look like this.
- Blend on high, stopping every few seconds to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer to a pot to re-heat and serve.
- The final result. 🙂