I love to make these paddies and eat them for breakfast along with an egg or by themselves. I think they’d go well with a side of sauteed greens or they’d make a great hamburger, on a gluten free bun of course! They’re great if you’re on the go too. This recipe makes approximately 8-10 paddies depending on the size you are going for. All of the ingredients for this recipe are organic and the meat if grass-fed to ensure that I am maintaining my commitment to eating clean.
1 to 1/2 – pound ground turkey
1/3 cup Cilantro, chopped fine
½ cup Spinach, chopped
½ cup onion, chopped
¼ cup of dairy free cheese (see photo below)
Salt and Pepper
A dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix all of your ingredients together.
- Taking a small amount of mixture, roll into a ball between your hands and place onto the parchment paper. Using the back of your hand press down to flatten into a paddy.
- Place into the oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove when done, let cool.
This is the dairy free cheese that I used for this recipe. Feel free to add a different cheese or more cheese if you like.